Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You give life to me

Jesus, you are the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Although I shift and change, You never do.
Although I often become unfaithful, You remain faithful.

You are my provider even when circumstances make it seem
that I may not be provided for.
You promote me and advance me, allowing me to pursue
the passions of my heart, even though I don't understand why
You give me wisdom and bless the work of my hands.
When things become overwhelming and difficult You
give me strength, perseverance and hope.
You sit beside me during times of confusion because
You desire more for me than I could ever imagine for myself.

You give life to me and have created life inside of me.
I am depending on You to guide me, to show me
what the next step is for me.
My desire is to be deeply connected to you, to know
You, to seek You, but there are so many distractions
Give me an undivided heart for You.
Prepare me for what You have for me and make
You ways clear. Teach me you love so
that I may know how to love and
cherish all that You are and all You have given.

No comments: