Friday, March 7, 2008

1 John 3:19-20

I'm standing on the edge
Will I fly or will I fall?
If I fly--for how long?
If I fall--or when I fall--will it hurt?
How much?

"Perfect love casts out fear"
I love You, God
I believe "God is love"
I still stand here on the ledge...Afraid

Yet what if I fall?

Some of the greatest moments in my life
came after a fall.
It was after the fall of a broken heart
that I discovered the love of my Father
It was after the fall of my pride
that I felt the gentle touch of a Savior
It was after realizing the emptiness of false hope and empty talent
that I experienced the beauty of worship.

In my mind I hear the lies.
I feel the doubt in my heart.
But Your word says "whenever our heart condemns us,
God is greater than our hearts and
he knows everything"
I hold You to that.

Father, tell me when to jump and I will
tell me where to go and I will
tell me what to do and I will
Whenever, Whatever, Wherever

When doubts come, you are bigger
When fears surface, you are stronger
When my comfort is tested, Lord, You are worth letting it go
Whatever life you have for me on the other side of the ledge
I know is better than where I stand now.
Whill I fly or will I fall....I know either one is worth the journey.

No comments: